In a perfect world, myself or one of the cloned "Jill's" would be at the following festivities:
|Taps at Drake's Barrel House|
- SF Beer Week Opening Celebration - Feb 10 - looking forward to seeing this madness in action!
- Sour Cherry Stout Release Party at Ale Industries - Feb 11 - knowing the tasting room manager makes me more apt to go, but this is a down-home, local place with a great, fun vibe.
- 3rd Annual SFBW Run - Feb 12 - a nice way to get in some SF marathon training.
- Sipping Session with Midnight Sun - Feb 12 - City Beer rocks and after visiting Alaska this past summer, I'm hooked on anything coming from the state. Or checkout Midnight Sun at Beer Revolution (another fantastic bottle shop and beer bar) on Feb 14.
- Pi Bar & Russian River - Feb 14 - the ultimate Valentine's Day dinner for beer geeks and thin crust pizza enthusiasts.
- Green Flash night at Rosamunde - Feb 15 - great beer and great sausage. The end.
- Drake's Sau and Brau- Feb 15 - A pig roast in the East Bay at one of the best laid back breweries around.
- Nuit de Quebec at Rosamunde - Feb 16 - I stumbled into Dieu du Ciel! in Montreal, a hip corner brewpub, by happenstance and I was so excited to see them start distributing out this way in the last few months. With Poutine on the menu, you can't go wrong here!
- Ninkasi night at Rosamunde - Feb 17 - looks like I'll be eating a lot of sausage this week. I wish Ninkasi was doing a few other things earlier in the entire beer week schedule, but this one looks most interesting from their line up.
- Nerdy & Natural - Feb 18 - this is the way I prefer to drink, post-hike.
- Goose Island & Chicago Night - Feb 18 - purely as a shout-out to my Chicago roots!
- Bear Republic Racer X Release - I have a soft spot for Bear Republic after getting married at the brewpub almost 4 years ago. And I'll take any excuse to get up to Healdsburg, my favorite wine country town.
- Hopyard Ale House patio - when the afternoon sun is shining, this patio is a great spot to drink a few local brews.
- Mikkeller Single Hop IPA tasting - Mikkeller has been on my must-drink list this year after having a few of their winter beers this holiday season. Or check out Mikkeller at the Amsterdam Cafe on Feb 14.
- Beer ice cream? - Need I say more? If they were also serving pizza this would be my dream event.
Updates to the schedule are being made everyday. It's hard to keep up. What a difficult life I (we) lead.
You really can't go wrong at many of the scheduled events and I encourage you to get to at least one in the next two weeks. Supporting craft beer and brewers ensures we have these celebrations for years to come.